Monday, April 11, 2011

Extra Credit

Extra credit is one of my favorite things. you do a minimal amount of work and get rewarded for it with a better grade. It is absolutely ridicules not to take advantage of extra credit if you have an opportunity. Let me give an example. In my economics class, the teacher gives you 2 points on tests for every school sporting event that you attend. He will also add five points to your over all grade if you wright a five page paper on anything that has to do with economics, provided that the paper isn't total BS. For some reason, there are quite a few people not taking advantage of this. I could understand that if they already have an A in the class but I hear many of these people complaining about how the class is so hard.

18 comments:

  1. Very good point, but some people are just retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra credit is the best, you got a really good point keep it up man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no such thing as extra credit at our University

    Just remember a lot of the students that take Economics take it because they have no spine or intelligence or creativity to take anything else - Its a generally useless standalone paper unless you are in the top 10-5% of the class.

    Loliditsstudyseconmisc

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd be surprised at how many people simply don't give a shit though. Extra credit is FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man you have no idea how much I love extra credit. Had a web scripting class awhile back. Any additions you made to your project besides what was required was extra credit. You could literally get a 40% bonus besides acing the project. Although my instructor was very VERY lenient on grading too. It wasn't hard to ace that class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had extra credit at my college

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is now my 3rd year in Uni. Since there is like no way I could finish Uni with cum laude, I actually don't see the point of collecting grades anymore. I prefer to gather the knowledge instead of the grades. (Just my opinion )

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya, remember doing extra credit stuff. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man none of my teachers have ever offered this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good point, i never get that deal though wish i would

    ReplyDelete
  11. extra credit saves peoples careers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome blog style man! Also great post! Definitely supporting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have to still try in school though, not all teachers will give out extra credit. Don't think extra credit can be a "get out of jail card"

    ReplyDelete